This article has not yet been translated in the language shown. It is displayed in machine translation, but it may be incorrect.
SocialDog allows you to manage multiple Instagram accounts with a single team.
The number of accounts that can be added depends on your plan.
To add an Instagram account to SocialDog, all of the following conditions must be met.
1. The Instagram account is a business account.
Instagram accounts added to SocialDog must be business accounts. For instructions on how to switch to a business account, please visit the Instagram Help Center or Switch your Instagram account to a business account and link it to a Facebook page.
2. The Instagram account is linked to a Facebook page.
Because Instagram accounts are added to SocialDog through Facebook, accounts need be linked to a Facebook page. To link an Instagram account to a Facebook page, please see the Meta Business Help Center article or Switch your Instagram account to a business account and link it to a Facebook page.
- If you do not have a Facebook page, please create one.
- Make sure the Facebook page is public.
- Each Instagram account you wish to add must be linked to a different Facebook page.
- To add multiple Instagram accounts to SocialDog, create a Facebook page for each Instagram account.
3. Your Facebook account has the necessary permissions* for the Facebook page.
* Administrator or editor privileges
To add an Instagram account to SocialDog, you will need to log in with a Facebook account. The Facebook account you log in with must have administrator or editor privileges for the Facebook page linked to the Instagram account to add.
The required permissions depend on whether the Facebook page is a "Classic" page or a "new Pages experience" page.
- Classic pages: "Admin" or "Editor" roles
New Pages experience pages: Either of the following
- Facebook access with full control
- Facebook access with partial control
For more information about Facebook page permissions, please refer to the Facebook Help Center.
Link an Instagram account
- Click the team icon in the bottom left of the screen.
- Click "Social profiles".
Click "Add a social profile".
Note: If your number of linked social profiles exceeds the limit of your plan, the "Upgrade" screen will be displayed. Please upgrade your plan to continue.
- Select "Instagram Business account" on the displayed "Add a social profile" screen.
- Click "Login to Facebook".
- The Facebook login window will be displayed. Log in with a Facebook account that has permissions for the Facebook page linked to the Instagram account you want to add.
- If asked "Do you want to log in as (your name)?", click "Log in as (your name)".
- Select the Instagram account you want to link to SocialDog and click "Next".
- If you have multiple Facebook pages with linked Instagram accounts, make sure you select the appropriate Facebook page and Instagram account you want to add.
- Select the Facebook page that the Instagram account you want to add is linked to and click "Next".
- The list of permissions that SocialDog is requesting from Facebook will be displayed. Click "Done" if you accept.
Note: Currently all access permissions must be granted.
- Click "OK" on the displayed link confirmation screen.
- Back in SocialDog, select the Instagram account you want to add and click "Add".